The role of the Pastoral Care Team is to try to encompass all who have a link with our church family at BBC, and within the community around us, to give pastoral care, especially when requested, in a sensitive and caring manner. Pastoral care is often initiated and conducted through our small group settings, but can be accessed outside these, where necessary and appropriate.
We aim to:
- Provide prayer and spiritual support as necessary – wherever possible, but especially when not accessed through a small group setting or Sunday worship
- Facilitate practical and emotional support in crisis – wherever possible, but especially when not accessed through a small group setting or Sunday worship
- Provide a listening ear to those who are lonely, bereaved, or in distress
- Share the love of Jesus in word and action, whenever possible
- Refer people to other agencies who can offer relevant practical help when we cannot
- Operate a church prayer chain – for urgent prayer requests from folk within the church family or connected to it.
If you would like to try to access help from our pastoral care team, please contact the church in the first instance. You will then be directed to the right person according to the situation.